Werkshop supports creative business in the UK. We provide interesting social spaces where people can work, play, learn and create together. We’re an ever-expanding community of all sorts of people, from all sorts of places, doing amazing things, together.
We are a Brighton-based social enterprise, set up as a Community Interest Company.
What is coworking and Werkshop about? – Listen to co-founder James McCarthy explain all.
Supporting local creative enterprise
In 2007, Werkshop pioneered flexible coworking and work space for the city’s creative businesses. Our first space, The Werks is now home to more than 50 businesses.
More than 400 individuals have joined our growing community of Werkers. We have hosted and sponsored international conferences, job fairs, educational and training sessions, community group meetings and skillswaps.
- small businesses
- work at home mums and dads
- social enterprises, third sector and non-profits.
We now have 4 spaces in Brighton, Hove and Lewes.
- The Werks – digital industry focussed co-working, deskspace, offices and events
- Coachwerks – artspace and Fringe Festival venue in Five Ways, Brighton
- Lewes Werks - collaborative coworking, desk, office and meeting space
- Westwerks - a collaborative space for social entrepreneurs
You’re welcome to turn up at any of our spaces and introduce yourself. Or you can also find us on the internet, if that’s more your style.
- follow Werkshop on Twitter
- join our Facebook group
- see us in pictures on Flickr
- watch our videos on Vimeo
- ask a question, tell us what you think at Werkshop on GetSatisfaction
- Our events are listed on our websites and on Upcoming
If you search in Google for any of the following hashtags you’ll probably find something that we’re getting involved in. #werkshop #thewerks #leweswerks #coachwerks #westwerks